Questions answered by this recipe
How to ping Google Blog Search Pinging Service everytime you change a page in your wiki?
The recipe pings the Google Blog Search Pinging Service everytime you change a page in your wiki.
- Copy googleblogping.php into your cookbook directory
There are the following configuration variables which might be customized.
SDV($GoogleBlogPing_BlogHomepage, "Main.HomePage" );
SDV($GoogleBlogPing_BlogUrl, false ); // explicit Blog url, overwrites the BlogHomePage
SDV($GoogleBlogPing_FeedUrl, false ); // URL of RSS, RDF, or Atom feed (optional)
SDV($GoogleBlogPing_PingPages, "/.*/" ); // regexp for the pagenames to send pings for
- 2006-12-11 added explicit BlogUrl variable
- 2006-10-09 Initial release
If the recipe has multiple releases, then release notes can be placed here. Note that it's often easier for people to work with "release dates" instead of "version numbers".
- Pingback — Pingback - Pingback support for PmWiki
- Bloge-Ping — Notify search engines when a page is modified