Questions answered by this recipe
- I want the text on my page to flow in newspaper-like columns without me having to break it up. How can I do that?
Allow text to flow into multiple columns.
- Download multicolumn.zipΔ
- Place cookbook/multicolumn.php in your cookbook directory and pub/multicolumn/multicolumn.js in your pub directory in the appropriately named sub-directory.
- Include the following line in your
Before the text that you want columnized, put
(:startcolumn [OPTIONS]:) and after the text put
Valid [OPTIONS] include the following:
- unset: calculate number of columns based on minimum width. n>0: use specified number of columns, always adapt width.
- Minimum height of a column
- If the base column is smaller than minSplitHeight, the column does not split.
- Add extra height to a column. Increase this if the last column 'sticks out' too much.
- Add the "read on" notice at the bottom of each column
(:startcolumn columns=3 readontext="Continue >>":) this section of text will flow into 3 columns -- well, at least it would if there were enough text to make it go into 3 columns. The problem is I'm too lazy to type any more text. (:endcolumn:)
- 2010-12-16B Installation flub-up fixed.
- 2010-12-16 Initial release.
- Demo on this page
- This recipe uses this script by Randy Simons.