PmWeekly, September 27, 2017
September 27, 2017, at 09:19 PM (0 comments)
Update for PmWiki activity September 11 - September 27, 2017: documentation, internationalization, 20+ recipes and 60+ skins updated or discussed, discussions about blog features, URL approvals, skin testing, replace-on-save patterns, and databases as a page storage (MySQL and MongoDB), cookbook bug reports and patches.
Subversion changes to the core
- Fix bug with WikiWord links.
- The documentation was updated, see below.
On the mailing list:
- A thread about an external link that fails to be approved (the link comes from an included page, so it must be approved on that original page).
- A thread about testing skins from the URL. On pmwiki.org, one can add "
?skin=name" to view the current page with a different skin, or "
?setskin=name" to change the skin for the current session. The recipe SkinChange does this and can be installed on other wikis.
- A thread about a custom
- A question should the recipes SelectQuery, DataQuery, and DataPlates be updated by their developer.
- Can PmWiki pages be populated using a database like Mongo DB? (yes, write a custom PageStore class, examples).
In the PITS: PmWiki Issue Tracking System (please comment, vote):
- BlogFeatures (This is a follow-on to PITS:00028, requesting blog support in PmWiki) Scheduling with automatic publication should be considered as a potential feature.
Cookbook (addons, modules, skins)
- Ape: Automagical PmWiki Embed (Embed videos, maps and more in wiki pages) by Petko : Added as a provider Google custom maps (including satellite photos). Added notes about privacy and dependency concerns when embedding content from external sources.
- Fox (Form processor to add, replace, copy, delete content plus upload files and send email notifications using templates and Input markup) by HansB : Updated external links to documentation and downloads.
- GoogleSitemaps (How to submit a complete list of web pages to google) by XES : Improved documentation.
- XESBlog-Talk (Provide blog application functionality for one point installation.) by XES : Attached a version of the main script compatible with PHP 5.5-7.2.
- Worse (is better) (Simple WYSIWYG editing for PmWiki) by Petko : Updated internationalization strings.
- BlogIt-Talk (Provides a complete blogging system, using in-built PmWiki features -- additional features are supported through existing cookbooks.) by SaidAchmiz : Added code when
$ScriptUrldoesn't include a protocol which breaks some sidebar icons.
- CMSBundle-Talk (Some scripts that add features useful for a CMS-type installation.) by XES : Note that CSS display:none still outputs HTML.
- JumpBox-Talk (A pull down menu that can be used for navigation) by Armin : Added sample code to open jumpbox links in new browser windows.
- ShortCutsMarkup-Talk (Gives easy access to creating some types of custom markup.) by XES : Added section Use Case: Dialogue and complex wikistyles with that recipe.
- SimplePieDisplay (Add an RSS feed to a page using SimplePie) by XES : Reporting missing files in package.
- TextExtract-Talk (search, grep, and extract text from other pages or groups with search terms and regular expressions, using search form or markup expression.) by Frank : The recipe works fine when the custom page store class is enabled.
- Toggle-Talk (Adds links or buttons for toggling (hiding/showing) div sections and objects) by Simon : Reporting a possible bug when the "hide" message is empty.
- VideoAttach-Talk (Handles Attach: videos, provides a video directive and optional support for popular Video Upload sites.) by XES : Suggestion to make the markup configurable so that it be used on existing wikis that have markups from older recipes.
- XMLRPC-Talk (How to communicate with PmWiki via the XML-RPC protocol) by XES : Note to review other APIs like JSON, and the editors that support those.
Skins and recipes reviewed and/or updated and marked compatible with PHP 7.2
- Academian A tan skin with a gradient red header and brown highlights by Ian MacGregor
- Alalike Loosely based on the A List Apart site by
- Barthelme A minimalist skin where white space and margins can show culture and aestheticism, ported from the Barthelme Wordpress theme by
- Blue Freedom A White skin with a blue header by
- Blog Skin A blog-oriented skin that emphasizes content, with an easy-to-read default font size and no graphical frills by
- BlueBerry xhtml 1.1 and css 2.0 conform blue skin by Ingo Reimund
- BlueFur Blue Fur skin has kind of a 60's feel, rounded and reminiscent of bad shag carpet by
- Bluehead Elegant looking white skin with a dark blue header and grey background by
- Blues This skin has the blues by
- Boira Boira skin by simkin
- BS-001 PmWiki skin This is a dark theme intended to be a 'gaming' theme. It was converted from a php-nuke theme by
- Bs-002 Bs-002 Skin - This is a theme is ported from a php-nuke theme for use with pmwiki. by None
- Cinnamon Clean skin with red, brown and gray highlights by
- Evolver a skin that demonstrates how to seamlessly integrate both UserAuth and CMSLike, based upon the OSWD Evolver design by
- Flckr Tabless skin, inspired by the layout and colors of the site flickr.com. by CarlosAB
- Grayness Aa blue and gray skin that is easy on the eyes in most lighting conditions by
- JH Tabs skin based on a PmWiki customisation by James Home by
- JHMP More tabs skin based on a PmWiki customisation by James Home with Mac-like images by
- Kaylen Kaylen is a dark and modified version of the default PmWiki skin. by
- Lean A clean, minimalist skin that was created with usability in mind by
- Leaves A skin using light tones of orange, gray and white by
- Lens Super customisable skin with most skin furniture, such as the footer and action list, stored in wikipages by
- Lines Skin for a website where PmWiki is used as a CMS-System for easy website maintenance, not be easily seen that it's based on a Wiki by
- Lt9602 Finnish design, idealistic, "Clean", compact and simple skin inspired by Lean and http://960.gs/ by
- Marathon A lean and clean ski with a TopNav bar by
- Marble A dark marble background with a semi-transparent appearance for the wiki content by
- Mobile Plain vanilla PmWiki responsive template that is compatible with mobile devices. by XES
- Mouse an HTML5 skin using wiki pages to define page elements by
- Neat tableless skin with blue and gray colors, inspired by sinorca and roundflow skins. by CarlosAB
- Neutral A 2007 proposition to be the default distribution skin for 2.2 by
- NewsPaper WordPress skin adapated for PmWiki. by CarlosAB
- Night A dark skin with green highlights by
- Not2Simple fork of already excellent NotSoSimple skin which adds a new CSS based multi level popup menu by
- Notebook-NT Simple div (no table) version of default PmWiki skin. by V.Krishn (VKrishn)
- NotSoSimple The 'simple' skin with the added width to 900px, and Site.SideBar on the left side by
- Papyrus A simple skin, inspired by Parchment. Responsive / mobile-friendly. by Said Achmiz
- Parchment A tan skin with brown hilights and mimics aged papyrus for its background by
- PhpNet The http://www.php.net look, shamelessly modified version of Lean skin by
- Plain A skin that emphasizes content, with an easy-to-read default font size and no graphical frills by
- PmWiki-Divs pure css based skin in the style of the pmwiki default skin by Henrik Bechmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pmwiki-dt (A simple tableless skin for PmWiki) Simple div(no table) version of default PmWiki skin. by V.Krishn (VKrishn)
- PmWiki2Bars This skin is a simple extension of PmWiki's default skin to add another side bar on the right side. by Laszlo Szathmary -> mailto:jabba [period] laci [snail] gmail [period] com
- PmWikiV1 The skin used in PmWiki version 1 and the PmWiki version 2 beta series by
- RedBerry xhtml 1.1 and css 2.0 conform blue skin by Ingo Reimund
- RoseTrellis Skin A CMS-style skin. Action links are hidden. by Sandy
- Rounded A blue and white skin which is great for blogs by
- Royale A light skin with a gradient purple header and gold highlights by Ian MacGregor
- SchlaeferTwo Originally developed for apfelwiki.de by
- Simple Sidebar accessible available through popup menu to save valuable space, minimal menu by
- SimpleTab For a website with menu tabs for groups without making it look like a conventional wiki by
- SimplyImpact SimplyImpact provides a two column layout based on the blueprint-css-framework, which has to top navigation list and a tab for socialmedia buttons. by MatthiasGünther
- Sinorca Tableless skin, based on sinorca skin by Haran. by CarlosAB
- SkinChange change skin via query or cookie setting by Petko (original author: Pm)
- Skin Guidelines A set of tips for skin design and packaging skins for distribution by Hagan Fox
- Soma A colorful, simple and functional skin, using tables and css by
- SomethingCorporate crossbrowser CSS layout from oswd by
- SsofbJoomlaRhuk A CSS based skin with a choice of six colors, based on a Joomla template. by AndyG
- Stripped A skin intended for hunting bugs in HTML generation by
- Technobabble tester on graphic web design template by Maurizio 'Napo' Napolitano
- Textpattern4 a textpattern style theme by z
- Trish A white skin with a gradient blue header, blue highlights and a fancy background by
- UselessTuesday A bit narrow, dominated by dark blue by
- Vector Clone of the Vector skin for MediaWiki (used on Wikipedia since 2010) by Said Achmiz
- WikiLove A modification of the default skin with a nice clean look by
(total: 64 pages)