00559: Issue when editing the [[Site/EditForm|EditForm]] and using the Preview button
Description: When editing EditForm and hitting 'Preview', there's some errors in the output (some PHP code and error message is displayed at the top left corner).
Steps to reproduce this behaviour on pmwiki.org:
2006-07-05 Followed by: Yen-hsi Hou Comment: I also encountered simliar problems. The package is of version 2.1.11, and it is installed as a standalone version. I tried the source code of the EditForm and tried a fragment of that code and found the follows:
- The whole source code causes an error.
- A fragment as shown bellow does not cause any error.
- Adding a / (slash) after "EN" is ok.
- Adding 1, 2, or 3 . (dot) is ok, but adding 4 or more . causes an error.
- Adding 1, 2, or 3 / (dot) is ok, but adding 4 or more / causes an error.
- Adding whitespaces after //EN" is ok, but a . can cause error.
- Editing Main.Homepage or the side bar causes simliar errors while clicking the preview buttun.
I encountered two kinds of error. The first kind of errors (server not found or DNS error -- This message may not be accurate since it was translated from a chinese message) were reported by Internet Explorer 6.0. The other kind of errors were reported through a page containing only a message "Content-Length: 0". The second kind of errors were more difficult to reproduce.
It seemed that these errors may corrupt the server process since restarting the server temporarily reduced some errors.
I'm having AFAIK the same problem. The HTML page (in IE) cannot be displayed (browser entitled Cannot find server). The server window says:
NotFound: /pageread/show_ads.js NotFound: /urchin.js
Could it be something to do with the Hosts file?